I've always believed that photography is about more than just pictures of life's little moments, to be printed, shared, and framed. Photographs give us a chance to relive life's experiences. The joy, the tears, the love, the pleasure, the tastes, the sights, the laughter... it is because of photography that we can relive these moments for years to come.
In a fast-paced world, where life seems to be going by in an instant, I love how photography stops time. Each little fleeting moment can be captured and experienced again and again. And when we reflect on the nostalgia of a year gone by, or a child growing up too fast, or loved ones lost, or that bucket-list place we visited, or concert we attended, we will always have our photographs to bring us back to each of those moments in the past.
So each January, when the days are long and it seems like everyone is reflecting on the year gone by, I like to remind myself that the new year means I have more photographs to share, more memories to reflect on, and more life in my bones.
Nostalgic, sentimental, and cheesy I may be, but this is why I love being a photographer. :)
Don't miss my 2017 Year in Review Slideshow, a must-see! (Link below) But first, here are some highlights from my photography adventure over the past year:
- Meeting and working alongside so many amazing photographers throughout Colorado
- Shooting a wedding in a mountaintop barn with wild horses running outside
- Getting published and seeing my photos on full-page prints in two separate issues of Denver's Reign Magazine
- Meeting my niece, Adeline Irene, and taking her newborn photos in March
- Working with UC Health's Cleft Clinic in Fort Collins, photographing a spirited little boy, Daniel, who is a shining example of the incredible work this clinic does
- Hitting the road to photograph destination weddings in Virginia and Hot Springs, Arkansas
- Supporting Stand for Children Colorado's leadership development program, which empowers parents to make sure their children are on track academically
- Laughing my way through photo shoots with the silliest and sweetest kids
- Hiking through Rocky Mountain National Park with an adventurous (& pregnant!) bride & groom after they eloped in the mountains
- Thanks to Tedeschi Trucks Band for hiring me to photograph the band both nights of their summer run at Red Rocks Amphitheatre!
- Capturing natural, happy moments for a record number of families and new clients-turned-friends
- A record summer of music photography, photographing my highest # of concerts in one season at Red Rocks since I started in 2012
- My most memorable wedding guest ever - a huge moose who showed up minutes before a wedding ceremony at Winding River Ranch in Grand Lake, Colorado
- Fly-fishing for the first time during a photo shoot at Marabou Ranch in Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- Adventures with my little husky, Lu - we went stand-up paddleboarding at Green Mountain Reservoir, hiked Emerald Peak, camped above 13,000 feet, and went sledding in Winter Park, all during photo shoots. My dog is the coolest assistant ever!
Check out my 2017 Year in Review Slideshow - you may see yourself in it!
Thank you to all of my clients, from the bottom of my heart.
Valentine's Day is less than a month away, and I have the perfect gift idea:
↣ Contact me to purchase a gift card for a photo shoot with KellYeah Photography! ↢
Your special someone will LOVE being pampered for their very own portrait session,
or they may opt for a full family photo shoot or couples session!
Gift cards sold in increments of $50. Portrait sessions start at $200.
Click here to contact me + purchase gift card!
H a p p y V a l e n t i n e ' s D a y !