Yesterday was National Pet Day! As a dog lover and dog mom of little husky Lu, I always get excited when my clients invite their pets to our photo shoots. If you're considering bringing a pet into your family, please consider rescuing! I rescued Lu when she was already full-grown and she could have been overlooked as people are more interested in puppies. Bringing her home was the best thing that ever happened to me! Here are some ways to keep animals top-of-mind throughout the year, and below are a couple photos of my furry best friend. :)
1. Adopt a pet from your local shelter or purebred rescue organization.
2. Volunteer at your local shelter.
3. Donate blankets, food and toys to a favorite animal welfare organization.
4. Organize a peaceful demonstration in front of your community pet store that sells pets from puppy or kitten mills.
5. Host a pet-friendly BBQ this spring.
6. Assist an ill, elderly or a financially struggling neighbor or friend by purchasing pet food, hay or needed items for their pets.
7. Buy your pet a fun new toy....or two...or five.
8. Hire KellYeah Photography for a fun pet-friendly photo shoot!