APRIL 1, 2017 | WEDDING | CAITLIN + BYRON
Oh what FUN it was to frolic on this historic Virginian plantation home, classically named the Rust Manor House, as I followed around sweet & sassy Caitlin, today's bride and the center of everyone's attention.
This 68-acre property has all the goodies for a beautiful wedding - lush forests, flowering meadows, trees as old as time, an enchanting house decorated by a grand staircase in the foyer, and filled with rooms that could tell centuries-old stories.
The bride and groom currently reside in the mountains of Utah, but arranged for their guests to meet in Caitlin's home state of Virginia to celebrate the start of their new life together. When I landed in Virginia to photograph this wedding, the sky was blanketed in dark spring rain clouds, and literally the only day it didn't rain was on Saturday, April 1 - the day Caitlin + Byron would say "I do."
Caitlin thought of it all:
- bridesmaids each wearing their individual choice of a floor-length floral gown, resulting in a bridal party that looked like a bouquet of beauties!
- lawn games for the guests to play during cocktail hour in the garden
- a fire pit outside of the reception tent with a table of fixins for s'mores
- late night donuts
- Irish dancing music to pay homage to her father, who immigrated from Ireland
- family-style dinner tables, which made a large wedding seem like an intimate affair
I'm so thrilled for this adorable couple (and parents to two bunny rabbits), who will be heading to Iceland for their honeymoon! Got some good advice on Iceland (or on marriage?) - please leave a comment for the happy newlyweds!!